Fitted Kitchens in Pontefract | The Installation Process & Benefits
When time-served professionals install products from superior manufacturers, Prestige Kitchens & Bedrooms create unrivalled results. Following a well-executed kitchen design process, the final installation creates a seamless, blended appearance that perfectly fits the dimensions of the space at hand. With a choice of in-built appliances, a clean flow around the ‘kitchen triangle’ and a defined, continuous style, fitted kitchens tick every box for discerning homeowners. Based in our kitchen showroom in Knottingley, a short distance from Pontefract, Prestige Kitchens & Bedrooms (Yorkshire) Ltd finds ideal kitchen solutions for each and every customer.
Below, we have taken a closer look at the essential steps involved in the installation of fitted kitchens as well as the benefits they provide.
- FITTED KITCHENS | INSTALLATION -
Prestige Kitchens & Bedrooms offers a bespoke product suited to the unique requirements of every customer. While each installation is different, they all follow these basic steps:
- Removal of existing kitchen including tiles, floors, fittings and damaged plastering
- First fix electrics to include new positions for fridges, freezers, dishwashers, hood and/or extractor fans, washers, dryers, under-cabinet lights and plinth lights
- Plastering services throughout the room, ensuring a solid and secure finish for the subsequent work
- First fix plumbing follows this, during which we install supply and waste flows to and from any new appliances with minimal disruption
- Next, we install the base units followed by the wall units in accordance with the heights and measurements laid down during the kitchen design process
- We then cut kitchen worktops, creating butt and scribe joints for the professional, ‘invisible’ finish. We also make cuts for hobs, sinks and other features
- Completion of second fix plumbing services as well as the attachment of the sink
- Laying of the chosen flooring material. This extends a short distance beneath the base units, onto which we then fit the plinths
- Second fix electrics with chosen faceplates, lights and other features
- Installation of any required appliances
- Installation of cornices, pelmets, doors and handles. Painting and/or tiling of walls carried out as required.
- Sealing of all worktops and the areas bordering sinks and hobs with an anti-mould silicone seal
When installing a newly fitted kitchen in Pontefract and the surrounding areas, our clients can rest assured that we always maintain a clean and tidy site while minimising disruption wherever possible.
If you would like for more information about the installation of fitted kitchens in Pontefract and the neighbouring areas, please contact us for further details or to book an appointment.
If you would like more information on our fully fitted kitchens, or to book in for a free home consultation, please call us on 01977 264 100.